Dog Friendly Holidays
Dog friendly holidays in Cornwall aren’t as common as they ought to be. Many self-catering holiday cottage owners aren’t keen on letting their homes out to dogs as they think it will lead to extra work.
Here at Kitsham we welcome dogs and their careful owners and, because we have renovated our cottages with dogs in mind, you will find that there are plenty of features that keep mess and bother to a minimum. For example, all living areas of the cottages have wood or slate floors and not carpets.
This makes it easy for both our guests and ourselves to keep the cottages in the immaculate 5 star condition that regular guests have come to expect and enjoy.
So if you are not a dog owner (and you are just as welcome), you can be sure that there won’t be a trace of the previous visitors remaining by the time we show you in.
We haven’t yet met a dog we didn’t like and we haven’t had a dog to stay who didn’t LOVE staying at Kitsham!
A Few Doggy Rules
To keep up our five star rating and to keep our cottage in great clean condition we ask politely for the following rules to be maintained:
- All dogs to be clean and dry before entering the cottages
- Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms
- Gardens to be kept clean using the dog bin provided
These rules are here to ensure that all our visitors are able to enjoy are cottages.
Please note there is a small charge of £20 per dog per week.
Dog Friendly Features
Some of the features that we offer pet owners include:
- Secure, fully fenced gardens with lawns.
- Outside taps fitted with short hoses to wash and clean off your dog after a walk.
- Old towels can be provided on requested.
- Copious walks on around our farm which surrounds both cottages so there is always the opportunity to walk the dog across the fields and down to the river.
- Hundreds of miles of footpaths and acres of beach nearby to explore.
- Several year-round dog friendly beaches (all beaches are dog friendly from November to Easter).
- Dog friendly pubs and attractions.